Mandatory Equipment for ball hockey includes:
- CSA approved helmet with full-face shield (just like ice hockey)
- Hockey gloves
- Hockey stick
- OBHA ball hockey gloves
- Light soccer style shin pads
- Running shoes or proper footwear
- Any metal, solid material or plastic knee brace worn must be covered by socks or other means
Other strongly recommended equipment but not mandatory includes:
- Elbow pads
- Knee pads
- A protective cup for the boys and a “Jill” protector for the girls.
Goalies must wear full equipment and a CSA approved mask & helmet. Street hockey masks are NOT acceptable for goalies.